Have you tried every diet known to mankind, yet can’t lose weight? Are you plagued by the dreaded blushing jitters? If you answered in the affirmative to these questions, then you may need a bit of help. Help isn’t a bad word, as many would think it is a waste of time to sign up for a personal development course, yet it is very real. It may seem annoying to take time out to find the best way to face challenges head-on, but it is easy to do if you look for the motivation behind something
Health Coaching: What to Expect When Doing a Health Coach Exercise?
Graham Shear explains that when you decide to get yourself a health coach, you should make sure you make some commitments before you start. Perhaps you haven’t signed up for an expensive personal development course, yet you are still prepared to make a commitment to changing your life. Be willing to meet with the health coach and show him/her your personal vision, how you see yourself in the future by taking action in your every day life.
The next step will be to define the goals you want to achieve in the future by using a SMART approach to goal-setting. Be specific with the targets you want to achieve and the time frames for you to achieve each goal. It’s important to be specific here, as you want to be specific with the health coaching program you are doing as well.
Next, you will be going through the process of hiring a health coach. If you have no idea who they are don’t worry, most reputable health coaches are well trained and have been educated as professionals, so they will be able to take you through the process and explain the program to you, in detail, in a step-by-step fashion, so that you can complete the goals you set out to achieve in an effective and timely manner.
If you think you will find health coaching very useful, you can go ahead and avail of it. The only thing you have to lose by doing so, is the frustration that can result from not being able to stick to a program, but instead of making excuses. “Many people I have met claim to be very motivated, but I am not one of them, so I am not going to suggest that you are Motivated to make the changes you should, because I don’t think that is the case” continues Graham Shear.
If you are genuinely motivated to change your habits regarding health and wellness, I would like to give you some tips on how to achieve your goals, or improve your current status, so that you can live a better life full of energy, happiness and health.
1. Get an evaluation. Try to find an accountability partner who will hold you accountable for every action you take regarding your goals. If you have no one, send your goals to an agent, such as a life coach, business associate, or personal trainer.
2. Get a partner. If you don’t have anyone to hold you accountable, you need to start a personal business. That way you will have someone to go to, who will give you a score for everything you do, which will give you something to strive for.
3. Find an accountability partner. If you have no one to check in with, do yourself a favor and hire a life coach. That way you can dissect your routine and make your changes.
4. Make as much progress as possible. In my personal experience, I was not able to make as much progress as I would have liked, as I did not have the structure of time to work out everyday. When I was able to schedule nine hours per day, I was able to make as much progress as possible, which definitely is a step in the right direction.
5. When you are getting up for breakfast the other morning, put on your sneakers and make your way out to the field. If you see a opportunity, take that opportunity, regardless of what others may think of you doing that are not beneficial to your fitness goals.
As I said before, I certainly do not believe in mega workouts, but even if you travel and sleep in your pajamas all day long, you should still have a few exercises a part of your routine to keep you moving. When you travel, no one wants to hear you say “Icelike you” so take advantage of that opportunity when you can, cut yourself some slack and just do it! We travel our way to a better fitness center, and it definitely is not getting any better.
It is travel, but don’t let it stop you from making the most of your life. Find a way to make fitness a part of your everyday life and not simply a few half hour power poses to keep you motivated.