Construction is a big business that requires a huge investment in a skilled workforce, materials, and machinery. On a construction site, several types of heavy construction equipment are needed, the number of which depends on the size of the project.
Typically, the site needs earth-moving equipment such as excavators, loaders, backhoes, and loaders. It also needs construction vehicles like tippers, tankers, and trailers. Cranes, hoists, and forklifts are needed to lift heavy materials, also concrete mixers, pavers, and possibly tunnelling equipment.
The materials and the generated waste at a construction site are huge. Thus, it is vital for a contractor to have the right heavy equipment to move construction materials, excavate the ground, and dispose of waste.
Heavy equipment requirements
If you have been to a construction site, you’ve seen how chaotic it can be, with the number of workers, piles of construction materials, and waste, such as rubble, soil, cement, debris, plastic, wood, and scrap metal. The job of moving materials becomes faster and easier with different types of heavy equipment.
Many construction contractors choose plant hire instead of investing in heavy construction machinery. Hiring construction equipment gives the contractors more benefits, and they have a choice of choosing the right supplier. They can visit several websites like www.ruttle.co.uk to find the right types of construction equipment they need.
Benefits of hiring construction equipment
Demolition and construction of new buildings require the use of proper tools and equipment. Instead of investing in them, it is more economical to hire the right equipment.
- The construction project typically lasts for several months. But there will be downtime. If you hire the equipment, the contractor’s funds will not be tied up in the idle machines. The plant hire company helps the contractor manage the plant through registration, project charging and carrying out the inspections. It eliminates the need for the contractor to factor in the reliability, maintenance, and depreciation of the assets.
- If the use of the plant hire is properly programmed, you can return the equipment early, which can reduce your hardware and equipment costs. You do not have to worry about maintenance charges.
- It alleviates the logistical problems that arise during the transport of the equipment to the construction site. It is possible to hire the equipment only when needed, so, you do not have to worry about costs and parking space.
- Moreover, the plant hire service can immediately replace the equipment in case of a breakdown.
- It makes it easier to dispose of construction waste. With the amount of waste that the site can generate each day, it is important to remove the debris immediately and effectively, not only to keep the site clean and organised but also to ensure the safety of workers.
It’s very convenient, especially for small construction firms to utilize plant hire services because of the efficiency of using heavy construction equipment without incurring huge investment. Likewise, most professional plant hire companies today also rent waste chutes, rail equipment, access lifts, and construction site accommodation, improving the logistical support to contractors.